[roc-chat] Re: I will bring heatshrink!

  • From: Gregory Lyzenga <lyzenga@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 11:44:40 -0700

On Oct 3, 2012, at 10:06 AM, Ron McGough wrote:

> Ummmmm, Am I reading this correctly or am I missing something here?
>
> "I will also be prepared to discuss future of launch system too."'
>
> Ron McGough
> Ex ROC President and one of the primary builders of the ROC launch system

Ummmm, yeah Ron you're reading it correctly I think.  We've got chronic
problems with worn out cables and connectors, bad switches and lights and
overall old age.  There are many opinions floating around as to options for
repairing existing equipment versus replacement with new technology.  Now is
the time to get in on that discussion, especially for someone with your wealth
of knowledge and experience with the existing system.

For what it's worth, I think the McGough-built back row uber pads are the
finest and most robust HPR launch pads I've ever had the privilege to use
anywhere, bar none.  I think the discussion is not about that hardware, but
about the electrical system and the cables which are losing their insulation
and pins, and will be pricey to replace.

     - Greg

Greg Lyzenga
ROC Board Member - NAR #13295 / Tripoli #12088