[roc-chat] Re: Ejection canisters

  • From: Mike Ostby <mdostby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 18:14:10 -0700

Won't be pointing them radially then. The body tubes are 4" blue tube. Both
separation points have 3 2-56 nylon shear pins with pieces of sheet copper on
the nose shoulder and the e-bay to help the shear. I was concerned that just
letting the drogue charge hang wasn't ideal. I was considering fastening a
short rod or piece of allthread to each end of my electronics bay to which I
would simply tape the ejection canister to. The parachutes would be protected
by nomex blankets. Going to do ground testing soon.