[roc-chat] Re: E-bay machine screw ?

  • From: "Lesnick, Mike" <mikel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 12:48:33 -0400

If the only purpose of the screws is to hold the upper air frame on and all of
the pressure will be against the nose cone ( the ejection charge is designed to
blow the nose cone off), eight  4-40 screws should be more than enough.

I just flew a mad Cow Pyron dual deployment kit for the first time last month.
This is an all cardboard airframe kit.  I mounted 4 “blind nuts” (brass
inserts) 6-23 thread size in the forward bulkhead of the electronics bay and
used 4 6-32 screws to attach it.  Worked perfectly, and as far as I can tell
there was no stress on the upper air frame.

I like being able to take the upper air frame off to have easier access to the
upper end of the electronics bay and the ejection charge holder.

If you have more detailed questions cal me714-323-5968

Mike

Michael Lesnick

Axiom Healthcare Group

18135 Santa Lauretta Cir