[roc-chat] Re: Driving RV's and Trailers to the New Area for ROCstock

  • From: Chris J Kobel <Chris.J.Kobel@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 20:09:52 -0700

Richard,

Any chance you can send out a Google Earth map picture showing new turns,
camping area, ruts and cone locations, etc, so we can get a "visual" in
our heads?

James and I should be out by 3:00pm Wednesday.

Chris

From:   Richard Dierking <richard.dierking@xxxxxxxxx>
To:     roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:   06/03/2012 01:33 PM
Subject:        [roc-chat] Driving RV's and Trailers to the New Area for
ROCstock
Sent by:        roc-chat-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

As announced previously, we will be setting up in a new area that isn't
far from the old area (about 1,200 south-east of the old range).  This is
not something the Board wanted to do, it's something ROC has to do.
Believe me, we have enough going on without looking for additional work!

After the trailer cleaning meeting yesterday, I re-surveyed the new site
at the lakebed.  It's been a couple of months since I was there and I'm
glad I took another look.

If you're bringing a RV or Trailer:  On the existing dirt access road
from Hwy 247 you'll be turning left and there will be a direction sign at
this turn.  Since there's a raised section between the two lanes on
the dirt road, please take the turn slowly and at an angle.  There will be
some orange cones to help you at this turn.  Do not make a sharp turn!

Once you're heading South there will be a couple of ruts before you turn
right into the camping area.  Again, drive slowly and you'll be
fine.  Also, there are a couple ruts (about 12" deep) in the
camping/parking area but you can go around them.

The most important message I want to convey is to drive carefully and
slowly to the new site.  Have someone get out and help guide you if you
need to.

Once we've been driving and using this new area, the road and range will
compact and smooth.

Thank you,
Richard Dierking