[roc-chat] Driving RV's and Trailers to the New Area for ROCstock

  • From: Richard Dierking <richard.dierking@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 13:32:58 -0700

As announced previously, we will be setting up in a new area that isn't far
from the old area (about 1,200 south-east of the old range).  This is not
something the Board wanted to do, it's something ROC has to do.  Believe
me, we have enough going on without looking for additional work!

After the trailer cleaning meeting yesterday, I re-surveyed the new site at
the lakebed.  It's been a couple of months since I was there and I'm glad I
took another look.

*If you're bringing a RV or Trailer:*  On the existing dirt access road
from Hwy 247 you'll be turning left and there will be a direction sign at
this turn.  Since there's a raised section between the two lanes on
the dirt road, please take the turn slowly and at an angle.  There will be
some orange cones to help you at this turn.  Do not make a sharp turn!

Once you're heading South there will be a couple of ruts before you turn
right into the camping area.  Again, drive slowly and you'll be
fine.  Also, there are a couple ruts (about 12" deep) in the
camping/parking area but you can go around them.

The most important message I want to convey is to drive carefully and
slowly to the new site.  Have someone get out and help guide you if you
need to.

Once we've been driving and using this new area, the road and range will
compact and smooth.

Thank you,
Richard Dierking