[roc-chat] Controlled launch and landing of a model rocket using thrust vectored F class motors

  • From: Evan McCarthy <evan.mccarthy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 06:52:17 -0800

I came across this youtube video of a flight of a model rocket that is fully controlled to do a vertical takeoff and landing using two F class motors and just had to share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YixmPK26upk

The rocket includes:

 * Flight controller with associated sensors
 * Reaction wheel
 * Thrust vectoring mount for the rocket engines
 * 4 high speed cameras on board
 * 900 MHz radio data link
 * GPS
 * Emergency actively deploy-able parachutes
 * Actively deployed landing legs

This is my first post to this list, so please let me know if I should not be sharing this sort of content here.

Evan