[roc-chat] Re: Cal Pyro Rocket 3rd Class

  • From: monsieurboo@xxxxxxx
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 09:58:39 -0500 (EST)

True for APCP, but foot-long chunks of 1" PVC (1-1/4"OD) are perfect fits for
38mm UC-valve hybrid motors and -- with five minutes' hacksaw work -- will
power some nice midlevel flights.  Grains don't come much cheaper than that!
Of course,nitrous is an out-of-pocket expense unless you're a dentist.  And,
yep, it helps to know someone with GSE.

Then there's sugar motors.  One of these days I swear I'm gonna build a bird
from nothing but supermarket OTC stuff!

Come to think of it, Bill Colburn told the story of someone who built a hybrid
motor using a cored-out pepperoni for the fuel grain.  It also occurs to me
there's nitrous in them thar whipped-cream cans...

Cheers,
Mark L.
DC

Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 12:40:01 -0500
Subject: [roc-chat]
Re: Cal Pyro Rocket 3rd Class
From: Carlo Vaccari <airplaniac2002@xxxxxxxxx>

I have heard many a time that making your own motors is rarely a moneysaver.