[roc-chat] Cal Pyro Rocket 3rd Class

  • From: R Dierking <applerocketry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 18:12:36 -0800

First, hopefully no one is getting freaked-out about California's CalPyro III
requirement.  Some people have been going to ROC launches a lot longer than me,
but in the last 9 years, I don't recall the CalPyro Police showing up at any
launch.  Well, there's Fred, but that's a special case.   I don't want to
insult David or anyone else, but I think it's a silly requirement.

Also, a 'class' might be a good idea particularly if the people writing the
letters haven't previously met the people they are writing references for.
Yeah...  ;-)

Here's a link to LUNAR.  Just go to the Pyro 3 pages.  This is probably the
best guide to the process:  http://www.lunar.org/

For the cost, I'll let you figure that yourself, but there's a $50 application
fee and $37 fingerprinting processing charge, etc., and of course renewal fees.
 I'm sure you get a wallet card and certificate suitable for framing.

I believe LUNAR has a link to the 2008 Fireworks manual.  I'll try to attach
the 2011 manual and hopefully it will post.  First person who can make it to
page 20 please post!  And, why is it a fireworks manual?  Because California
doesn't have a rocketry manual and it's good they haven't created one otherwise
you would probably have to memorize a lot of information that is wrong.