[riscos-printing] Re: Thin line of dots on paper

  • From: list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 22:35:14 +1200

On 26 Mar, Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <4ec8416d40smart1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Chris <smart1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > As one of those who had been seeing the 'line of dots' at the end of
> > the page, even initially with GPDriver 2.10, I have now printed 8
> > pages today, none of which showed the dots. Some were at a resolution
> > of 720x720 and some at 1440x720, which covered the resolutions I had
> > been using when seeing the dots.
> >
> > I am hoping that this problem has now sorted itself out.

> OK, so I consider this problem solved and I will turn 2.10 into the
> official release version. If you see the problem again, please send me
> a report.

> Martin

I, too, am getting the thin line of random dots immediately after the
last line, using a 2nd-hand Epson stylus photo 830U, GPDriver 2.10,
360x360 b+w and 360x360 colour. It's not every page, but most pages.
If the last line occurs halfway down a page, the thin line dots occurs
there. Photo supplied if requested.

However this printer is showing signs of age, blocked nozzles.
Difficult to clear. I'm now looking for a new printer, and I'm going
through the list of supported printers hoping to find an Epson 6-col
A4 around gbp120. Any recomendations?

Brian

--
Auckland NEW ZEALAND