[riscos-printing] Gutenprint prints!

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 13:25:00 +0100

This morning, Gutenprint 5 running on an Iyonix successfully printed
the first test page to a new Epson Stylus Photo R340 printer, which I
bought yesterday. So, I am glad to announce that the main development
work for the RISC OS port of Gutenprint is finished.

This is good timing because I will leave for a one week skiing holiday
in France tonight. I expect Gutenprint for RISC OS to go into beta a
few days after my return, which means that the official release might
be at the South West Show near Bristol on the 24th of this month.

In addition to being able to drive many more printer models than
Gimp-Print and at a higher quality, it is likely that Gutenprint will
also offer various features not available under RISC OS up to now,
most notably printing to CDs, borderless photo printing and support
for alternative ink sets (e.g., Quadtone inks). All these features are
untested up to now, so this list is subject to change and of course,
these features are only available for printers supporting them (e.g.,
the Epson R340). Let me hasten to add that credits for all these
features are due to the Gutenprint development team.

Martin