[ring89] Re: die box question

  • From: "John C. Sherwood" <jcsherwood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ring89@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ring89@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 19:38:09 -0700 (PDT)

Phil is right. Scoop, the die box you have is the "improved" later model, which
allows the spectators to "see" the die in the box just before the vanish.  The
older, standard model doesn't have that feature.

------
John C. Sherwood: jcs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Union City, MI, USA ~ (610) 742-6735 ~ Twitter @jcsherwood
Domain: http://www.MysteryVisits.com

>________________________________

what i did and she said it wasn't for sale but she had some magic prop and
wasn't sure what it was or how to use it. it was a die box and it appeared
older
then mine the hinges looked more antique and the middle was solid so the die
didn't actually slide back and fourth there seemed to be a false bottom where
something was sliding back and fourth to make the noise

>>i told her i would try and see if you all knew if this was any better then
the one i have

>>it needs some touchup on the paint and the false die covers 4 sides mine
only covered 3 but one of her sides needs to be welded back on

>>any idea when this might have been made and if it is worth more then you
all thought mine was ??? i know i should go take some pictures can't find my
camera right off hand