[Ring211] Magic meeting at MagicBob and SuZie's on November 9, 2013 at 10AM

  • From: Rbusps67 <rbusps67@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ring211@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 12:02:50 -0500 (EST)

Hi All:

I appreciate being able to put this on the Ring 211 freelist- that is terrific.
MagicBob told me last Saturday yours truly was the first name on the original
charter for Ring 211 from 42 years ago- I remember those days well- we used to
meet in a clubhouse in Grand Rapids in an apartment complex where the Ring
Treasurer lived (and also worked there as head of their maintenance
department). Ironically, that same fellow/Treasurer disappeared one day with
all the Ring's money. I bumped into "Bob" 35 years later at the Timid Rabbit
Magic Shop in Kalamazoo, he said he had been living in Florida and was in
Kalamazoo only for the day (which I doubt was true), and he was trying to sell
a box of absolutely worthless used magic/broken tricks/junk to Tony. I told
Tony later that he was the very guy who ran off with all the Ring 211 treasury
money so many years ago.

I know this is not an IBM meeting, but our FCM meeting is this Saturday
(November 9) from 10AM to noonish at the new private dining room area where
MagicBob and SuZie now live. This meeting is open to everyone, whether a FCM
member or not. From the beginning, the KaZoo Chapter of the FCM has had as our
motto: "No Rules". We have no dues, no fees, no restrictions on what can be
shown, shared or sold, no commissions owing to the Chapter. Any performing
themes are just a suggestion, folks can do anything they'd like including close
up or stage.

Anyway, trick builder Randy Craven will be at the meeting with all kinds of
wonderful stuff for sale, including great dove magic. Bring a Christmas/Holiday
related trick if you'd like to share or show, I know Randy is doing some
seasonal effects as is MagicBob. If you are looking for dove effects (and
MagicBob usually has some doves for sale)- this will be the place to be.

I will have for sale Lance Richardson's portable (but plays big) "The Web"
illusion for the ridiculous low price of only $300, half what it cost to build
it. To see "The Web" (favorably reviewed in Magic Magazine) on www.youtube.com
just put "Magic of Ben Pratt: Web Illusion Demo" to watch it. If you bought it
new, would cost much more, and my "The Web" version has never been used even
one time. The bad news is you have to be fairly thin/nimble to do it (which
makes it hard for me to do personally perform it, my wife can do the trick but
she is not always with me at my few programs). It is pretty hard to do
unassisted.

 If you are looking for a "Gospel" trick, I will be selling the Williams Magic
"Predestination" trick- an odd effect custom built by the now defunct Williams
Magic Company out of Arizona (which still may tour around the country in an
enormous travel trailer stocked full of magic- maybe some of you have seen it).

Anyway, I hope to see you there, I know MagicBob and Randy are going to lunch
afterwards for sure, but Maggie and I will be bugging out soon after noon as we
are going to the Michigan/Nebraska football game which has a 3:30pm start in
Ann Arbor.

Details:

The KaZoo Chapter of The Fellowship of Christian Magicians (we usually meet in
Kalamazoo at Lighthouse Community Church every other month, but this meeting is
"on the road" in Grand Rapids!)
Time of meeting: Saturday, November 9, 10AM until Noon (or who knows).
Location (November 9, 2013 meeting only): The beautiful "private dining room"
of the new magnificent Breton Woods Ridge Building, 2772 Pfeiffer Woods Drive
SE, Grand Rapids (Kentwood), Michigan 49512. Located just NE of 44th and
Breton, it is the only building on Pfeiffer Woods Drive. MagicBob and SuZie
live in this complex, lots of free parking right out front.
Rules: None. Bring whatever you'd like to show, trade or share. Bring food.
Bring stuff to sell or bargain. Bring "Gospel" tricks, bring non-Gospel
effects. Non-FCM members welcome too (www.fcm.org). Bring food and drink to
share if you'd like. Bring a lecture. Bring one trick. Bring no tricks. Bring
something Christmas or seasonally related. Bring something that has nothing to
do with Christmas. Puppeteers, Chalkers, Balloonists, Magicians, Jugglers,
Clowns all welcome. No dues, no fees owing to the Chapter for sales. Auction,
buy, sell, it does not matter. We will be glad to see you!  :)

Roger Magic Bus
Cell phone: 269-217-2968
RBusPs67@xxxxxxx