[retroforth] Re: RetroWeb 1.2 is available

  • From: Stefan Schmiedl <s@xxxxxx>
  • To: retroforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 06:47:03 +0200

Charles Childers (2004-10-28 22:22):

> RetroWeb 1.2 has been set up on the retroforth.org server.  It appears
> to work properly (I haven't done a lot of testing yet...)

1.x releases should now maintain backwards compatibility.
All ( html documents will still work, with (xhtml you might
be able to satisfy the w3c xhtml validator, too.

> Stefan, have you tried the RetroForth 7.5 core with this yet? Also, I'm

not yet, but it's on my todo list.

> hoping to make a few minor additions to RetroWeb that could yield a big
> performance boost under Linux in the near future :-)

I'm looking forward to this, and now is the perfect time, as
1.2 should stay current for quite a while. If we have a
high performance RetroWeb, shall we call it TetraWeb? :-)

s.

--
Stefan Schmiedl
|Approximity GmbH               | EDV-Beratung Schmiedl                  |