[retroforth] Re: RetroForth 8.0

  • From: "Helmar Wodtke" <helmwo@xxxxxx>
  • To: retroforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 13:23:27 +0100

retroforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb am 16.01.05 01:10:43:

> > > Colors: should colors be part of the core system, or a loadable option?
> >
> > I think: it should be better a loadable option. It's not needed everywhere.
>
> Colors do play a major role in my current editor though. I uploaded a
> screenshot to http://www.retroforth.org/rf8.png Without colors, things
> are harder to keep separate, at least for me :)
Well. Try that the editor is useable with "xterm -cm". I would make the line
numbers in bold for that reason.
I currently play with coloured interfaces too. See screenshot at
http://helforth.net.tc/screens4.png - it shows a kind of shell for my HelFORTH
that reflects my kind of working when I debug code. It's build around the
disassembler and automates stupid typing stuff. BTW: there is nothing special
on this code that it would run on HelFORTH only. I'll port that to Retro 8.0 at
the moment release 8.0 seems to have reached a stable codebase.

Bis dann,
Helmar
helmwo@xxxxxx

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature