[regional_school] Re: Herb Kohl on Reading

  • From: hussainbahmed@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: regional_school@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 12:09:19 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, Ellen, and I would suggest that you go for it! I for one have done
quite a bit of studying on this topic and will be interested in finding out
more, especially, the feeling aspect of the mind/heart dimension that results
in compassionate feeling. Deepak Chopra in his book Power, Happiness and Grace
suggest that the gap between thoughts is where one could find silence, and
quietness of the mind has been associated with the activation of higher level
awareness suggesting meditation as a useful reflective tool. Any thoughts on
how to weave meditation technology into the fabric of the Regional School?

Hussain B. Ahmed, Ed.D.
President & CEO
The Center for Change, Inc

MITA Brain Based Center Web Site  at www.mitaleadership.com

Date: Sunday, May 31, 2009, 11:54
        AM

        #yiv1000767437 #yiv2016666822 #yiv2085823672 P {
MARGIN:0px;}

        Hi all,
        Innovative ideas coming across this network often inspire my day -
which
        leads me to challenge your thoughts about the Regional
        School today:-)

        I've been
        thinking about this question: What if the Regional
        School sidestepped "No Child Left Behind"
        limitations,  by launching a practical plan for "No
        Brain Left Behind"  and applied  even 25
        brainpower tools to reconfigure learning and assessments with the brain
        in mind?

        Imagine escalated motivation and achievement  for
        learners at every level with no brain left behind.
         See http://twurl.nl/0lzmlh

        Your turn ...?  Ellen

        Ellen Weber (PhD)
Director - MITA International Brain