[regional_school] Re: Herb Kohl on Reading

  • From: Kristin Rapp <kris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <regional_school@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 13:20:24 -0400

Love that!

Good visual imagery fits with it too.

Maybe some of the other recent suggestions would be good tag lines or
subtitles

Keystone:  School of the Whole Child
or Child-centered learning for the Rochester Community

Keystone:  Rochester¹s community school for the whole child

This is fun stuff!

Kris Rapp

On 4/1/09 1:13 PM, "Thomas Gallagher" <Thomas_Gallagher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>  Bill  my suggestions for  a name would be
>
> Keystone School
>

> A keystone is the architectural piece at the crown of a  vault or arch which
> assures the others  support. other pieces into position. This makes a keystone
> very important structurally
>
> Seeing students as they keystone would be symbolic of  the interdependence
> necessary  for  this  educational venture.
>
> I also see the connection to  building as a useful metaphor for students as to
> their role in this educational journey
>
> Also could provide opportunity  for development of    visual representations
> to  others new to the concept  about what the  school is all about
>

> Thanks,
> Tom
>

> Thomas Gallagher, Superintendent
> Wheatland-Chili Central School District