[regional_school] Re: Department of Education

  • From: Keith Rankin <keithwrankin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Regional School <regional_school@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 16:17:59 -0400

Their policies have also added one more area of instability in students life.
Every year students ask their teachers: "Are you going to be here next year?"
And what they are really saying is: "I move several times each year, people
come and go in my life, and school is one place I would like some stability.
So, you're coming back, right?"

Keith

keithwrankin@xxxxxxxxxxx

585.734.7295 cel | txt

From: wcala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: regional_school@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [regional_school] Department of Education
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 08:00:27 -0400

The DOE has wasted billions trying to impose counterfeit reforms on public
education. High stakes, useless testing has demoralized teachers, narrowed the
curriculum and left parents on the sidelines. Student achievement has not
improved. The DOE could help by becoming a research, resource and advisory
organization. As stated in the 10th Amendment, we should leave public education
as a state responsibility.Please consider signing this petition to the House of
Representatives to change the focus and powers of the Department of
Education.http://signon.org/sign/change-the-role-of-the?source=s.em.mt&r_by=472095