[recoll-user] Re: full text searching for parts of a known date

  • From: "Alexander Beulich" <AlexBeulich@xxxxxx>
  • To: recoll-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 23:47:14 +0200

Hi jf,

thanks for your response. I'm happy to explain my idea in more detail:

I'm planning to scan and recognize (OCR) official documents
(insurance, bank statements and so on) from the last years.

To find them later on I would like to use recoll. As a test I
scanned three bank statements and made the full text available
by sending them trough OCR and adding the recognized text to the pdfs.

Then I configured recoll to index these pdfs.

The documents always contain the date when they got sent to me. For instance
two contain the string "18.04.2012" (german date format) amongst lots of other
strings like my name, my bank account number, the name of the bank and so on.
The third bank statement contains another date string ("23.04.2012").

The search is returning the correct results when searching for the exact dates
(like "18.04.2012").

But what if I wanted to find all bank statements sent to me between the
01.04.2012 and 30.04.2012?

I thought it might work when doing a wildcard search like *.04.2012 AND "bank
statement" but that results in a long  duration of the actual search process
(actually I never waited for it to finish, since it took more than 5 minutes
without completing).

Please keep in mind that the file creation date doesn't help, since I'm
currently handling documents dating back to 2010, 2011 and so on. They will all
have a creation date like XX.XX.2012.

Thanks in advance,
Alex

-------- Original-Nachricht --------