[recoll-user] full text searching for parts of a known date

  • From: "Alexander Beulich" <AlexBeulich@xxxxxx>
  • To: recoll-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 22:06:12 +0200

Hi,

I've recently started using recoll and I'm pretty pleased how well it works.
Nevertheless I was unable to figure out how to search for parts of a date.

I have OCR'ed pdfs that contain the string "23.04.2012". They have been indexed
by recoll and I can find them using keywords that are present, but I have a
hard time getting results when I search for the year part.

Basically I would like to easily find every pdf that contains a keyword AND
"04.2012" for instance (or to put it differently all files with that keyword
and from that month).

Putting wildcards in front of the year results in a really long search
duration. Am I missing something (easy)?

Best regards and thanks, Alex