[recoll-user] New application: recollfs, a Recoll filesystem

  • From: Jean-Francois Dockes <jfd@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: recoll-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 09:27:51 +0200

Hi,

I have received a link to a nice application to complement Recoll. In the
words of the author:

 > Maybe you find it useful - I made a simple fuse filesystem which allows to
 > create directory, then treats a directory name as a query and populates the
 > directory with links to resulting files. I've found such fs for Tracker
 > (trackerfs) and modified it for Recoll.
 > Here it is: https://github.com/pidlug/recollfs

The directories/queries are not persistent, but I guess that they could be
made so by using a script, and it is an interesting and simple way to
create Recoll "smart folders".

This only works with file-level documents of course, not embedded ones.

I guess that it could be quite useful when you need to process the bunch of
files in a Recoll result set.

Cheers,

jf