[realmusicians] Re: [midi-mag] soundforge 10 install

  • From: "Tom Kingston" <tom.kingston@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 23:37:26 -0500

Hmmm. I'll take a look at it when I get a chance. I'm just in the middle of moving everything over to my other system for every day use because the C-drive on this system is weezing out its last breath, in slow motion. Well, at least it didn't just die in one fell swoop on me. Should have the new drive in a few days. I just didn't want to bank on this one in the mean time because everything is in slow motion. Oh well. That's computer life.

Tom

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Belle" <cb1963@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks for the heads up bud.

By the way, think we found a  bug in forge 10.

One of the paragraphic eq presets which is remove very low and in-audible frequencies does something really funky like a mid frequency is extremely boosted and it's destorted and horrible sounding.

I haven't determined whether it's just a bugered up preset, or something in the actual software.

My tech friend and I are rtesting forge and he's a we user too, and he discovered it and he swears it wasn't in version 7, well, we both installed version 10 and now it's in both versions, so I need to ghost back and see if indeed the shared plug-ins bug or shared presets or something is the problem, or it something worse.

At 05:32 PM 11/14/2009, you wrote:
Thanks for this great tip, Chris. I just used it and it worked fine. One thing to add is that the second click down is to install the audio restoration tool which is separate for some reason. Also, there's already a 10.0A release. You should be notified of this the first time you run Forge.

Tom

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Belle" <cb1963@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi folks, well, I figured out how to get soundforge 10 installed.

I don't know about with jaws, but with window-eyes if you use your mouse cursor and go a little below where it says setup, a little to the right and down of the letter p, when you hit the graphics it'll click and the first one is what you want.

Then it'll ask you for dot net framework and visual c and all that junk to make it work and then it'll go in.

Since version 8 they screwed up the interface for selecting soundcards, maybe snowy's worked it out but you can't do it from a generic screen-reader approach, one reason I stuck with 7 and besides, nothing really new to get excited about that I can see.

But atleast I got it in and will have a look and report back.

Peace.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4534 (20091022) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4610 (20091115) __________