[realmusicians] Re: howdy

  • From: Dave <easily.amused.dave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 18:10:26 -0700

Hello to the List,

Chris and Stephie, thanks for letting me Subscribe. I'll make a big effort to keep myself under control.

I have just installed Reaper a few days ago and have successfully recorded some audio. Still over coming my memory of Sonar, and am attempting to find the same features and effects in Reaper.

Is there a way to harvest all of those Plug Ins found in Sonar 8.5 and bring them into Reaper?

Also, so I stop chasing this so far elusive goal, when using Sonar, or now Reaper, it is possible to make a recording sound like some good clean Country found on the FM Radio?

Equipment has a large impact upon what can be done, especially Microphones.

My humble studio does not have $1500 microphones, more like the Shur 57 and 58, which makes all of my recordings sound like something from the 60's, or early 70's.

Just recently, I've found filtering out the Highs, or Lows, can improve things, but it still has some serious Old Fashioned sound.

Is there a less expensive way to cure this, or am I doomed to always sounding like Herman's Hermits?

Easily Amused Dave

At 05:30 PM 9/19/2012, you wrote:
Oh great I managed to fix my subscription too smiles.

Welcome Dave from me also.

Steph