[realmusicians] Hope 2

  • From: Indigo <33indigo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 09:16:16 -0500

Besides the generic RealTech drivers from the RealTech website, which I'm waiting to install in case I can get the correct drivers, last night I plugged in the $10 USB sound card, that looks like a thumb drive with 3.5mm jacks for headphones and mic. It provided the ta ta and shutdown fanfare, so I know it will work for speech temporarily. Today I could install a screenreader, but I can already tell that mistakenly installing the Win7 64 drivers on Win XP 32 did some damage to XP. I normally shut down XP with Alt+F4, then the letter U, then enter, but this installation begins the shut down as soon as I press the U without waiting for enter, so something's wrong with it. Extracting wrong drivers can be about as difficult, I've heard, as extracting teeth, better to reinstall XP, and not need to worry about those 64 bit drivers in there.

Indigo L