[realmusicians] Re: Decrease the mp3 resolution

  • From: "Phil Muir" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 09:04:53 -0000

Chris wrote: Yes we could, but soundforge has had a long standing bug in the
mp3
encoder which does unwanted things like put big gaps in the audio or
spaces or clip off the first bit of audio, and for that reason I
abandoned the forge's mp3 encoder.

Phil replied: never experienced that here, smile.

Regards, Phil Muir
Accessibility Training
Telephone: US (615) 713-2021
UK+44-1747-821-794
Mobile: UK +44-7968-136-246
E-mail:
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Yes we could, but soundforge has had a long standing bug in the mp3
encoder which does unwanted things like put big gaps in the audio or
spaces or clip off the first bit of audio, and for that reason I
abandoned the forge's mp3 encoder.

Also that annoying nag register screen it wants you to register after
so many encodes.

I don't like programs that do that and so many free ones don't.