[realmusicians] Re: Anyone try the new Izotope Ozone 5?

  • From: Tom Kingston <tom.kingston@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 22:06:09 -0500

Thanks Ross. Well, I don't think I'll bet on it and hold my breath hoping I didn't throw away more money. But I hope I'm wrong.

Regards,
Tom

On 11/26/2011 8:59 PM, Ross McGregor wrote:
Hi tom,
Yes we've looked at ozone 5 advanced and ozone 5.

They have implemented some quite good keyboard access and have a key commands
list. However, at least in Cubase the tab and enter keys don't work.

So in other words they've enacted quite a few keys accept tab and enter, which
of course is pretty useless.

I've written  them and they've been able to reproduce the problem and they said
it is on the developer's list to action. But no indication of time as to when
it will be done.

In theory, you would think that would be an easy thing to fix.
So I'm keeping in touch with the guy. I get the impression they are making an
honest attempt to achieve access, but of course it's farely low on their list
of priorities right now.

I wouldn't be critical of them in any way, as my impression is that they are
kean to look at access and have a commitment to that, but it may not be as much
of a commitment as we would wish. But it comes down again to what financial
returns they may get for that effort.

I was using  ozone 3, and we're now looking at creating the same access for
ozone 5, as I never really used ozone 4 much dew to my work load.

The discount price runs out on December 1, so I have to decide will I purchase
5 and us access it with our macros. Which is a fare bit of work, but it would
be easier to macro if the enter and tab keys were working, but then again I
don't know how long that may take.

With the AHK macros I had good access to most of it.

Yes the pre sets, they keep in an xml file I think it is in my docs. So we copy
over the actual pre sets I want in to the load save pre sets dialogue in Cubase
and can access them that way.

It's a very nice plug in, but I'm afraid the access news at the moment is a bit
gloomy.

I also have their Nectar voice plug in and it suffers from the same problem.
They told me their rx2 de-noise plug in, is the one that has the most amount of
access they've been able to implement and I'm thinking of buying that.

It's an excellent de-noiser, however to really get the best use out of it, you
have to be able to see it's spectrum display, which of course we can't access.

It gives you a spectral display of the exact frequency area of your noise then
you can target the envelope of your de-noise to fit that spectrum exactly, and
get amazing de-noising with no affects on the source audio.

All their products are real quality stuff.

Ross.