[real-eyes] Re: trying to find best web site for lyrics to a song

  • From: "V Nork" <ginisd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 20:03:38 -0700

Hello Erica, A while back I too became determined to find song lyrics, kind
of a way to keep up with current music, since words can be almost
indecipherable  in music sometimes.  So, a kind of  unusual and intense song
showed up in my NPR song of the day   E mail newsletter  rrecently:  A
wild little ditty called "Lie Down here and be my Girl", and I became
curious about lyrics.  Here is what I do in these cases, and of course it is
nothing fancy:  I go to google, and in the search box I type in the title of
the song in quotes, and the word lyrics.  In this case, I repeated it to
test the method:  Type in "lie down here and be my girl" and the word
lyrics.  Then press the search or go button.  About five links came up with
the looked for lyrics, and I chose one, and I knew usually the actual song
lyrics are way down the page, so I used the Window eyes mouse find command
for the first few words of the lyrics, and found the fifth occurence of lie
down, and finally the whole song lyrics appeared.  If you use Jaws, you
could use a similar  command, or just the arrow keys or page up and down to
find the lyrics.  It seems we have to pay some dues to see our free lyrics.
Hope this is clear, Ginnie