[real-eyes] Re: quirk

  • From: "Glenn" <GlennErvin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 13:13:09 -0600

What is the make and model of the PC?
Do you have any other audio sounds coming from it?
I sometimes press windows + M and go to the desktop, and do something that
will not normally do anything, like alt + A, and if the audio is working, I
will get a thunk sound, that is if you have windows sounds enabled.
Then, if the audio is working, but Jaws won't come up, you can try Narrator,
with Windows + U.
If the audio is not working, hold the power button down for about 5 seconds,
and it should shut off, then re-boot.
It may do a scan from doing a hard shut down, so give it a lot of time to
restart.
HTH.
Glenn