[real-eyes] e: Re: e: Re: e: Re: A question about e-mail programs.

  • From: jack and bakey <braille_cat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 16:11:23 -0600

Hi Mitch!
No sir no speakup.  I don't think it's being updated or really
supported any longer.  I don't even know who runs the project
anymore.  Used to be a fellow from Canada as I recall.  But no I
use a screen reader called UXDOTS that has both braille and
speech support.  Tell the truth I had such a hard time getting it
up and running that I'm afraid to fool with it much! LOL! Don't
wanna break it again.  Had lots of help and it was fun and I
learned a LOT,  but I wouldn't wanna do it again any time soon.
Thanks a lot
Jack In Texas

programs.

>You using Speakup?

>Went to upgrade Slackware to latest Friday, but for some reason
Speakup
>wouldn't talk.  Noticed that they are using the "." (period) in
places on the
>command-line where I was sure they had used underscores in the
past.  DL
>Fedora 13 today, but couldn't find any docs on using Speakup with
Fedora on
>that site.  Just a over-seas phone to call if you need
assistance.  Didn't
>find any intro docs on the ISO either.  v I've tried Ubuntu and
Vinux in the
>past, but never did get used to GUI in Linux.  Had a devil of a
time with
>Vinux; you have to have a monitor and a mouse connected or you
don't even
>get the GUI.  Guess I will stick with Slack.  I know where most
everything is,
>and I don't really want to mess with migrating my Drupal
installation to