[real-eyes] Re: e: IPhone Syncing problem

  • From: William Stephan <wstephan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 17:04:50 -0500

I recently acquired an IPhone, and I'm having a problem syncing my Outlook
calendar with the phone.   I'm using a PC running Windows XP and JAWS 11.7.
The calendar is present on my PC, and I believe I have the checkboxes and
combo boxes set appropriately. I've tried checking and unchecking the boxes
for replacing the phone's data on the next sync, and that hasn't changed the
result.  While the sync is in progress, Itunes tells me it's syncing
contacts, calendar, bookmarks etc.  However, when I open  the calendar on
the phone, there are no events listed, andIPhone reports "no events".  My
favorites, notes and contacts sync, just not the calendar.
I've played with syncing only appointments less than thirty days old, and
there are still no events in my calendar.
I paid for Apple Care when I bought the phone, and spoke with a really
stupid customer care person there today.  She was completely incapable of
grasping the idea that I couldn't see the screen, and had me do a soft
reboot, which I thought had trashed my voice over.  I did get that back
though, but still, no luck with syncing the calendar.   Have any of you
experienced this problem, and what's the fix?  Thanks ahead of time for any
suggestions.