[real-eyes] amazon and nfb

  • From: "Chip Bloch" <wbloch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 21:33:07 -0500

Howdy,
I received this article from another list.  It is about Amazon.com and NFB
getting together to improve internet accessibility.  I hope the link works.  If
not, I will ask Robert for a refresher course with Groupwise.
Chip

Should be interesting to see what actually comes of this:

The National Federation of the Blind said Wednesday it will partner with online
retail giant Amazon.com to improve Internet accessibility for blind people.

Seattle-based Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN) vowed to improve its online
shopping experience for visually impaired consumers, while the Baltimore-based
advocacy group said it will offer its technological insights on making Web
sites more accessible.

http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/stories/2007/03/26/daily18.html?f=et80&hbx=e_du