[real-eyes] Low Cost Internet Provided by Comcast to Low Income Families

  • From: "jose" <crunch1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "real eyes list" <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 01:28:07 -0500

I just got this from the handyhams weekly news letter. thought some of you on
the list could use it.

Low Cost Internet Provided by Comcast to Low Income Families

We found out about this special low cost Internet service from one of the
assistive technology mailing lists. Since Internet access is a useful thing to
have if you want to run ham radio programs like EchoLink or to look up
callsigns or use the Handiham remote base stations, we are passing on the
information.

How to qualify:

To qualify for $9.95 a month Internet service and a low-cost computer, your
household must meet all these criteria:

1. Be located where Comcast offers Internet service
2. Have at least one child receiving free school lunches through the National
School Lunch Program
3. Have not subscribed to Comcast Internet service within the last 90 days
4. Not have an overdue Comcast bill or unreturned equipment

How to apply:

1. Call 1-855-8-INTERNET (1-855-846-8376) to request an application
2. We will mail you an application. Complete and return it, along with lunch
program documents from your child's school
3. We will notify you by mail about the status of your application. Allow 7-10
days for a response

How to get connected: Once you are approved, we'll mail you a welcome package
with everything you need to set up your Internet service and receive our free
Internet training. If you choose to purchase a low-cost computer, your welcome
package will provide details.

Comcast's website about the program in English:
http://www.internetessentials.com/

There are also instructions in Spanish available on the website.

Jose Lopez, President
Lopez Language Services, LLC

"We Speak Your Language"
Call us anytime at 888.824.3022