[real-eyes] Kurzweil reading machine

  • From: "Nancy Dowling" <nharpsong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 17:01:21 -0600

Does anyone know much about the Kurzweil reading machines?  Last March I was
blessed by receiving from a friend a Reading Edge Kurzweil reader Zerox Imaging
System.    It is an older model Kurzweil that was made in about 1992.  It has
been a real joy to be able to read books and my mail.  Recently though the
machine has acquired a slight "GLITCH." After I scan the book it doesn't read
very well.  It says things like ..]tt\[..and then will read a word, spell a
couple of words  and then ' ][.  I thought maybe it was because the print is
different but I have been reading some Janet Oke books from the library and
they are all scrambled too.  It reads a few words and then spells a word or two
and then does the ..]' ...etc.  It used to read the library books just fine.
Does anyone know what might be the problem?  The reader wasn't used much before
I had it but it read fine for awhile.  Can anyone help?
Nancy