[real-eyes] Re: Interesting Debate About Screen Readers Using MirrorDrivers

  • From: "Ben Blagg" <bblagg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 06:55:20 -0600

So, where do we go from here?  I believe I heard in a podcast from Freedom
Scientific that Jaws is employing mirror drivers also.  what is a bit
disconcerting is that we who use adaptive teckhnology are not only at the
mercy of Microsoft but the screen readermanufacturers too.  I like to keep
ukp with the latest technology; therefore I'm not going to stick my head in
the sand and remain in the late '90s or early 2000s.  Most of us do have to
work in jobs that require computers to complete our assignments.  Employers
are not always willing to place their bets on something that isn't a
reliable outcome.  The screen reader must function in a reasonable fashion
to allow the user reasonable access to the applications the company uses on
an everyday basis.   So, back to my original question, where do we go from
here.
Ben Blagg

Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep
voting on what to have for dinner.
---James Bovard