[real-eyes] Re: Fw: ScratchlessDisc.com

  • From: "Jose Lopez" <crunch1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 10:03:58 -0500

wow how cool, r u up yet?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Reginald George
  To: real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2006 9:37 AM
  Subject: [real-eyes] Fw: ScratchlessDisc.com

  Only available as CDRs for now, I compiled the following from their web site
with JAWS using the wonderful FS clipboard to piece it together.
  I understand they cost around $13 for a spindle of 10 from the site but, they
may be cheaper at places like J&R music world which does carry them.
  What Others Are Saying
  "in one unscientific test, a Scratch-Less disc still worked after a 175-pound
man ground it into a rug and then rubbed it across the top of a metal file
  cabinet."

  "You can wipe off that drink coaster and slip it into a CD player--that is,
if you really wanted to. The Scratch-Less Disc relies on a special polymer,
  co-developed by General Electric, that's 100 times harder to scratch than the
surface of standard CDs.

  "Scratch-Less Disc Industries, creator of the innovative new optical disc
designed to eliminate scratching and scuffing, announces the nationwide
availability
  of its Scratch-Less optical discs. Scratch-Less Discs combine patented bumps
and a glass-hard polymer coating to significantly reduce the possibility of
  damage from scratches.

  "The era of scratched CD-Rs (and soon CD-RWs plus all flavors of DVD
recordables) could be at hand. Scratch-Less Disc Industries has announced that
their
  Scratch-Less optical discs are now available "at various retail outlets
throughout the country and online at major Internet retailers."

  The Scratch-Less Disc was designed to protect data or media stored on discs
from physical damage caused by normal use and handling. The disc has 20 small,
  patented bumps (Aero-Bumps(TM)) that elevate the disc to avoid contact,
thereby eliminating damage. Co-developed with General Electric, the disc's
secondary
  layer of protection is achieved by adding a polymer coating, which gives it
an extra glass-hard layer of protection. "We are excited to offer consumers
  the safest optical discs available today," said Todd Kuchman, founder & CEO
of Scratch-Less Disc Industries. "We have created a product that consumers
  can count on. I believe the Scratch-Less Disc is a significant product that
provides a much higher level of long-term security for the storage of photos,
  music and soon movies on our  DVDs
  ."The Scratch-Less Disc was created to offer users protection that ordinary
discs lack. It is compatible with nearly all existing recording and playback
  equipment. The discs also feature the Easy-Up-Edge(TM), a slanted/raised edge
that allows the user to easily pick up the disc from a flat surface. The
  Scratch-Less Disc can be safely slid across or lifted directly from a
surface, providing unparalleled damage prevention.

  Q: Are they better than a polymer-coated disc?

  A: Yes! You may or may not know that other brands of disc makers are now
going to be introducing a polymer-coated disc. Like us they realize there is a
  big issue with scratch & damaged discs and are trying to offer consumers a
better alternative. However just coating a disc surface with a polymer does
  not protect it from contact and with that contact, come scratches.  Because
of our patents, we are the only company that is able to offer a disc with a
  bump design that lifts the surface, thus protecting it from contact and the
resulting scratches.

  Q: Are these discs indestructible?

  A: Scratch resistant YES! Indestructible NO! There are some companies who are
saying their discs are literally scratch-proof, but this is simply not true.
  Just to be straightforward, we are not saying you can take a knife or key and
scrape it across the surface and the disc won't suffer some damage. What
  we are claiming is that during normal use and handling there is no better,
more reliable disc product being made or sold. It's pretty simple: we are
applying
  the highest level of hard coat protection available to the industry to
protect against damage if there is accidental surface contact. The true
protection
  comes from the bumps that prevent the contact and damage.