[real-eyes] Re: Fw: [CCB-L] Re: FW: MoPix Update from WGBH- December 14

  • From: "Jose" <crunch1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 14:05:22 -0600

ok  Linda and I have been kicking around an idea, ok I have asked her, and she
said she could try this out.   My Linda is an outstanding audio describer. She
even did a tandem discripssion at  the movies with reg and me, and she didn't
miss a beet. so the non teck part of the plan is that we can get movies with
dvs via Linda. Now here is the teck side. I plan to record them on my plex talk
so they will be in an mp3 file. I want to have the movie audio in stereo  with
Linda doing the voice over. So I assume I need a mixer so I can control  the
audio levels. I need to be able to  patch the cable box into the mixer, along
with landaus mike. then I need to patch the mixer to the line in of the plex
talk.I already have a headset mike that Linda can use so the levels stay
constant. so I can't spend lots of money on this at the moment. any tips on how
to get this going with out spending tons of money. I am thinking of a 6  canal
mixer. so I can have movie law and r, and another pair of law and r in the
event that there is a movie that calls for 2 person voice over. Then lastly I
need a person with an ftp server, or a web site that I can up load the mp3's.
any tips ideas concerns? feel free to email me off list. crunch1@xxxxxxxxx p.
s. note that Linda and I are doing this  for fun. So we can  take requests,
however we may or may not fulfill them. I can safely say that we aren't doing
any hora shows. I can also tell yah that we do like tv shows  too. like house,
grays anatomy, discovery medical mystery show. Yah see a  theme here. we like
medical shows. we also like the other stuff, like everybody loves raymond. law
and order, I am awhere that some of the law and order shows have dvs, however
not all, and not law and order s v u. so lets see where we can go with this.
Joshua24:15
"But as for me and my household,
We will serve the Lord."
Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including any attachments, is for
the sole use of the intended recipient(s), and may contain privileged or
confidential
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by
replying to this email, and destroy all copies of the original message.

  You can also search for captioned movies near you at fomdi.com

  AMC Theatres: http://www.moviewatcher.com/jsp/amg.jsp

  Carmike Theatres:
  http://www.carmike.com/showtimedetails.aspx?theatrenumber=075623

  CEC Theatres: http://www.cectheatres.com (link to state, and then
  theater)

  Cerrito Speakeasy Theatre:
  http://www.cerritospeakeasy.com/calendar/index.html

  Cineplex Theatres (Canada):
  http://cineplex.com/Theatres/MovieTechnology.aspx?aud=rwcdvs

  Clearview Cinemas: http://clearviewcinemas.com/tripod.shtml

  Consolidated Theatres: http://consolidatedmovies.com/rwc.asp

  Crown Theatres: http://www.crowntheatres.com

  Empire Theatres (Canada): http://www.empiretheatres.com (link to
  province,
  then to theater)

  Jack Loeks Celebration Cinema Studio 28 in Grand Rapids and Lansing:
  http://www.celebrationcinema.com (select
  Studio 28 or Lansing from list of locations)

  Kerasotes ShowPlace Theatres: www.kerasotes.com (select City North or
  the
  Glen 10 from the list of locations)

  Megaplex Theatres:
  http://www.megaplextheatres.com/nowshowingdetail.php?th_code=all

  National Amusements Showcase Cinemas and Cinema de Lux locations:
  http://www.nationalamusements.com/wireless
  (link to theater under state heading)

  Additional chains with MoPix systems are not yet listing
  MoPix-accessible film information on their sites at this time: Douglas
  Theaters, Malco Theatres, Mann Theatres, Regal Cinemas.

  NOW PLAYING

  Available with closed captions using the Rear Window Captioning system,
  and audio descriptions utilizing the DVS Theatrical System:

  Alvin and the Chipmunks from Twentieth Century Fox Films
  (comedy - rated )

  American Gangster from Universal Pictures
  (drama - rated R)

  Bee Movie from Paramount Picures*
  (children's/animated - rated PG)

  Beowulf from Paramount*
  (Nov 16) (action/adventure - rated PG-13)

  Elizabeth: The Golden Age from Universal Pictures
  (historical drama - rated PG-13)

  Fred Claus from Warner Bros. Pictures
  (comedy - rated PG)

  Hitman from Twentieth Century Fox Films (Nov 21)
  (action/adventure - rated R)

  I Am Legend from Warner Bros. Pictures
  (action/adventure - rated PG-13)

  Lions for Lambs from MGM
  (drama - rated R)

  Michael Clayton from Warner Bros. Pictures
  (drama - rated R)

  Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium from Twentieth Century Fox Films
  (comedy/fantasy - rated G)

  This Christmas from Sony/Screen Gems
  (drama - rated PG-13)

  Available with closed captions using the Rear Window Captioning system
  (descriptive narration is not available for these films):

  August Rush from Warner Bros. Pictures
  (drama - rated PG)

  Awake from The Weinstein Company
  (drama - rated R)

  Enchanted from Buena Vista Pictures
  (comedy - rated PG)

  The Kite Runner from Paramount Vantage*
  (drama - rated PG-13)

  Stephen King's The Mist from The Weinstein Co.
  (horror/suspense - rated R)

  MORE ACCESSIBLE MOVIES TO LOOK FORWARD TO IN THE NEXT MONTH
  (plot descriptions from rottentomatoes.com)

  Charlie Wilson's War from Universal Pictures
  (Dec 21) (cc dvs)
  Charlie Wilson's War is the true story of how a playboy congressman, a
  renegade CIA agent and a beautiful Houston socialite joined forces to
  lead the largest and most successful covert operation in history. Their
  efforts contributed to the fall of the Soviet Union and the end of the
  Cold War, with consequences that reverberate throughout the world today.

  National Treasure: Book of Secrets
  (Dec 21) (cc dvs)
  In this follow up to the box-office hit "National Treasure," treasure
  hunter Ben Gates (Nicolas Cage) once again sets out on an exhilarating,
  action-packed new global quest to unearth hidden history and treasures.
  When a missing page from the diary of John Wilkes Booth surfaces, Ben's
  great-great grandfather is suddenly implicated as a key conspirator in
  Abraham Lincoln's death.

  P.S. I Love You from Warner Bros. Pictures
  (Dec 21) (cc dvs)
  Holly Kennedy (Hilary Swank) is beautiful, smart, and married to the
  love of her life-a passionate, funny and impetuous Irishman named Gerry
  (Gerard Butler). So when Gerry's life is taken by an illness, it takes
  the life out of Holly. The only one who can help her is the person who
  is no longer there. Nobody knows Holly better than Gerry. So it's a good
  thing he planned ahead. Before he died, Gerry wrote Holly a series of
  letters that will guide her, not only through her grief but in
  rediscovering herself

  Sweeney Todd from Paramount Pictures*
  (Dec 21) (cc only)
  Johnny Depp and Tim Burton join forces again in a big-screen adaptation
  of Stephen Sondheim's award-winning musical thriller Sweeney Todd: The
  Demon Barber of Fleet Street. Depp stars in the title role as a man
  unjustly sent to prison who vows revenge, not only for that cruel
  punishment, but for the devastating consequences of what happened to his
  wife and daughter. When he returns to reopen his barber shop, Sweeney
  Todd becomes the Demon Barber of Fleet Street who "shaved the faces of
  gentlemen who never thereafter were heard of again."

  Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story from Sony Pictures
  (Dec 21) (cc dvs)
  In the tradition of such milestone musical biographies as Ray, Walk the
  Line, and Selena comes Walk Hard, the up-and-down-and-up-again struggle
  of legendary musician Dewey Cox (Academy Award® nominee John C. Reilly)
  as he rises from the poverty of a hardscrabble Alabama farm to conquer
  the world of popular music through a rollercoaster career that spans
  seven decades.

  AVPR: Aliens vs. Predator Requiem from Twentieth Century Fox Films
  (Dec 25) (cc dvs)
  The bestial baddies go disgusting-toe-to-disgusting-toe in this
  follow-up to the sci-fi smash Alien vs. Predator.

  Juno from Fox Searchlight Films
  (Dec 25) (cc dvs)
  Juno stars Ellen Page as the title character, a whip-smart teen
  confronting an unplanned pregnancy by her classmate Bleeker. With the
  help of her best friend Leah, Juno finds her unborn child a "perfect"
  set of parents: an affluent suburban couple longing to adopt. Luckily,
  Juno has the total support of her parents as she faces some tough
  decisions, flirts with adulthood and ultimately figures out where she
  belongs.

  The Great Debaters from The Weinstein Co.
  (Dec 25) (cc dvs)
  Oscar® winner Denzel Washington directs and stars in this drama set in
  the segregated South. Washington plays a debate coach who takes a Texas
  college team from obscurity to a showdown with Harvard's renowned
  students.

  The Waterhorse: Legend of the Deep from Sony Pictures
  (Dec 25) (cc dvs)
  Oscar-winning producer and special-effects team behind The Lord of the
  Rings join with Revolution Studios, Walden Media (The Chronicles of
  Narnia) and Beacon Pictures to bring to the screen the magical motion
  picture The Water Horse. Rooted in one of the most enduring and
  intriguing legends of our time, the story begins with an enchanted
  egg...

  * WGBH has developed a conversion process to enable select Paramount and
  DreamWorks films to be available via Rear Window Captioning systems.
  Some of these titles will also be available with descriptions. The
  latter will be designated "description" vs. DVS in our Updates to
  indicate availability of that feature, though WGBH did not create those
  descriptions.

  --
  CREDITS

  Closed captioning and description of films provided by the Media Access
  Group at WGBH, a nonprofit division of Boston public broadcaster WGBH.
  The Rear Window Captioning and DVS Theatrical systems were developed by
  WGBH to make feature films accessible the date films open in theaters
  nationwide- and during regular showtimes- to movie fans who are deaf,
  hard-of-hearing, blind or visually impaired.

  For more information on the WGBH's Motion Picture Access (MoPix)
  efforts, including how to encourage a theater in your area to install
  the access systems, please visit <www.mopix.org >, e-mail
  access@xxxxxxxx or call 617 300-3700 v, 617 300-2489 TTY.

  - -
  Media Access Group at WGBH
  mary_watkins@xxxxxxxx
  < http://access.wgbh.org >
  One Guest Street
  Boston, MA  02135
  617 300-3700 v/fax, 617 300-2489 TTY

  73 years of serving the blind of California, we are the California Council
  of the Blind.

  Please support the California Council of the Blind by using
  www.ccbnet.gttrends.com
  for your travel needs.  50% of the commissions from your travel purchases
  will be donated to CCB.

  "California Council of the Blind" group.
  CCB-L-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  For more options, visit this group at
  http://groups.google.com/group/CCB-L?hl=en