[real-eyes] Re: Does anyone know:

  • From: "Ben Blagg" <bblagg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 12:21:07 -0600

I'm working for the Unified Government Wyco/KCK in the technical support
department.  We are going to a 311 system probably in the first quarter of
the year.  The helpdesk of which I work will be absorbed in the system.
Because of some of the applications I can access and problems I can solve
remotely enhances my duties.  The web people are talking about using
SharePoint to possibly replace an application called Track-It.  I have
worked with some samples and with a little manipulation I can get through
some of it.  However, I'm a bit concerned when we use the application
intensively as with the 311.  We may possibly convert from Track-It which
was made more accessible with some scripting about three years ago.  With
the upgrades to Track-It the same scripting will work.  I am using the
desktop version.  The web version is not accessible even to most of the
technicians.  I'll keep you informed.  Thanks, Reggie.