[real-eyes] Adobe/accessibility component/where to get it? I'm taking a class at a local community college. Because I find myself going 90 MPH recently, I decided to go ahead and have them scan the files for me--which they did. However, the files were in .pdf format. At home I'm running Win 7 and JFW 12. When I tried opening the files, my screen reader simply said "blank". Yet when I open the files here at work, it downloads them into text and then I have the opportunity to actually save them as text. There is obviously some component of Adobe I'm missing on my home PC that makes Adobe accessible. What is this component, and where do I go to to get it?

  • From: "Kimberly Morrow, PhD." <morrowmediakc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 06:33:55 -0700 (PDT)

  • » [real-eyes] Adobe/accessibility component/where to get it? I'm taking a class at a local community college. Because I find myself going 90 MPH recently, I decided to go ahead and have them scan the files for me--which they did. However, the files were in .pdf format. At home I'm running Win 7 and JFW 12. When I tried opening the files, my screen reader simply said "blank". Yet when I open the files here at work, it downloads them into text and then I have the opportunity to actually save them as text. There is obviously some component of Adobe I'm missing on my home PC that makes Adobe accessible. What is this component, and where do I go to to get it? - Kimberly Morrow, PhD.