[rc3r] Re: Raffle 2nd Place Prize

  • From: Ken Young <kanawha72@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rc3r@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 09:26:25 -0500

As usual I have a different opinion than everyone else. We have done well in raffle donations this year. Giving a second place prize for the raffle is really a "feel good" action based on that success. Instead of a second place prize that would go to anybody, if we want to do something additional to "feel good" or "celebrate our success" I would rather ensure the prize to go to some deserving/disadvantaged child. This would have to be in the form of a direct donation to a local Christmas Mother, Elementary School PTA, or church group. For example, when my wife was an elementary school counselor in Powhatan, the PTA there did do clothing and toy donations to deserving kids the school identified. This could also be a photo op showing a club officer making the donation to an organization that we could put on our Facebook and web pages.

Ken

On 12/9/2015 8:38 PM, tlg225ccr94@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Given the outstanding support we have received this year, I think it would be good to award a second place prize.

One option to consider...

http://www.mariostrains.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=1480&virtuemart_category_id=33

Let me know what you think. We're going to have to move quickly if we're going to do this.....

Gilly