[rc3r] Re: Club DCS

  • From: Ken Young <kanawha72@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rc3r@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2016 17:34:29 -0400

The club Cab 1L's don't have upgradable software. Because they are fairly simple they can't operate some of the features on Legacy engines.

Cab 2's are upgradable and Lionel has released several software revisions. I have an early Cab 2 and I think I've upgraded it twice. It's now on Rev 1.52 which probably isn't the current version.

A side note - Lionel really stands behind the Cab 2. We had lightning strike near the house and it took out my Cab 2 base. Sent it to Lionel expecting a big bill since it was about 3 years old. They replaced the main board and the battery charging board for free. Can't beat that.

Ken

On 8/5/2016 3:24 PM, Harold Walker wrote:

Ken,

Thanks for the info. Was wondering if we did any updating to the Tmcc system. I know this has been discussed in the past. Thanks.

Harold

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 1, 2016, at 3:08 PM, Ken Young <kanawha72@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:kanawha72@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

We purchased a new TIU and remote for the club. It came with the latest revision software V5.0. I upgraded the club's other TIU/Remote to V5.0 as well as my own. I am guessing those of you that have DCS at home are on Rev 4.3 or thereabouts. If you bring a Rev 4.3 remote to the Science Museum and the GBGH and try to use it with the Rev 5.0 TIU it might not work. I suggest if you want to use your own remote you need the Rev 5.0 upgrade.

Ken