[ratpack] Re: Still sifting...

  • From: PAUL W WATSON <tswatson78@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack <ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 09:06:16 -0700

I like it.  This is a hard angle to take this kind of shot.  I know all about
blank frames.  When you get that one good shot it is worth the time and effort.
 So far I haven't succeeded in getting that special shot.

Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 20:49:14 -0600
Subject: [ratpack] Still sifting...
From: mcwellsphoto@xxxxxxxxx
To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

So I'm still sifting through the pics from Saturday's race, since there were
only a few cars and it was a long race I used this time to do a little
experimenting. Here are the results from one of my experiments. I steadied the
camera on the pit lane wall and focused on the finish line and slowed the
shutter speed and just hit the button. As you can imagine there were several
empty frames as well as a few of just the nose or just the tail of the car.
This is one of the few that turned out ok, let me know what you think. I know
Paul likes to experiment some as well so I'm hopping for some feedback.

I spoke to Roger Miller a bit so hopefully I can get this pic in front of him
and maybe can sell him a few pics, we'll see.

Dr Z
--
Dr. Z
aka Michael Wells