[ratpack] Re: OT: AMD 2378 cooling

  • From: Chris Lindh <chrislindh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:06:54 -0500

There doesn't seem to be a wide selection of coolers for that processor:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010110574%201371026712&name=Socket%20F

If you believe "SparkyJJO" then Socket 939 hardware will work:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=144162

Any thermal solution I would choose would have to have low noise as a
priority, since the PC will be close to you.  I find white noise to be
distracting.

I would use a pair of Corsair H50s with quiet fans.  Noctua fans seem
to be recommended:
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1025/7/

--
Chris Lindh