[ratpack] OT: AMD 2378 cooling

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 07:45:58 -0700

Off topic.  Right.  Like we talk about on-topic stuff here?  Sure.

Btw, that's not intended to stifle anyone...just noting that this ain't quite a "tight ship" by design and I like things the way they are. I once was subscribed to a mailing list devoted to Chevelles (Malibus) and the majority of the traffic on the list consisted of people jumping on newcomers for posting "off topic" statements/questions. I didn't stay very long on that one.

Ok. The meat of the biscuit....or something like that. My Dreadnought computer project.
http://www.raytherat.com/dreadnought/Welcome.html

Cooling the CPUs. I planned to go with liquid cooling for the processors and disk drives, but I'm having a hell of a time finding a package/kit or even a selection of components from which to build the refrigeration unit.

A couple I've looked at are here:
http://zalman.co.kr/ENG/product/Product_Read.asp?idx=183 (I've seen some pretty negative reports on Zalman products, unfortunately.)
http://zalman.co.kr/ENG/product/Product_Read.asp?idx=185

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/7224/ex-rad-131/Feser_XChanger_Triple_120mm_Xtreme_Performance_Radiator_-_Thermochill_Killers.html

Or I could just install a couple of fans on the processor chips:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835114078&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-CPU+Cooling-_-Dynatron-_-35114078

Any insight or experience would be appreciated.

RtR