[ratpack] Re: Hallelujah

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 20:06:17 -0600

Thanks, man. I really appreciate the offer of the camping gear. I picked up the generator today. It's an industrial unit and is a bit noisy but I have a plan for that. Long, long extension cords and puttin it on the other side of the Burb. Where I camp there's usually very few people so I'll make sure it doesn't disturb their beauty sleep, either.

Jon Wennerberg, the owner of www.landracing.com is checkin out his two-room tent. He's the guy I work with to provide semi-live coverage of all salt flats events. He and his wife rent an apartment for the summer in Wendover, so they don't need the tents at the moment. (Speakin of that, I gotta see if I can tether my laptop with my Android or if I need to reactivate my ATT cell modem.)

I'm tryin to think of what I might need...if I can use that 2-room tent, I'm very serious about getting some carpet remnants for it and I have a full-sized self-inflatable (no, not the doll...she has to stay home) _mattress_ that would be just fine for one room and I've got chairs and can borrow a card table and I've got coolers, etc. I wonder if I still have a Coleman stove. I gotta look into all the camping stuff my ex-wife left behind. I guess this is as good a time as any. I've got plenty of battery-powered lights, including one that works great as a reading light...I like to read before I crash out at night. And I could bring one of a coupla ghetto blasters and some CDs...although I've been spoiled by the USB stick reader in the Burb. Maybe I'll just load a buncha toonz on the Android phone and use the headsets. I dunno.

But if I come up with something, I'll letcha know.

The plan is for me to go out to the salt on the 9th of August and stay til the 20th. I'll miss the SCCA event (dammit!) then I SHOULD be back there on the 28th thru the 2nd of September, for the BUB motorcycle speed trials but I may go on the 29th so I can shoot the Concours d'Elegance at Thanksgiving point (28th.)

The AHMRA Cycle Fest is Sep 4 and 5 at Miller's...if you haven't seen the sidecar racing, you gotta check it out. Ossum! Then we got Grand-Am/NASCAR West on the 11th and 12th and a MAJOR overlap with World of Speed on the salt...and there's a good chance the Target 550 liner will be there for show and tell...it'll be far from ready to run, but it should be there for display. Oh...and Rufus the Model A will be at Speed Week and at WoS. (At least that's the plan.) But WoS overlaps the NASA Nationals for 3 outta the 4 days. I may bag the last day on the salt and get the Sat and Sun sessions at Miller's.

And then there's the Streamliner Shootout that starts the day after NASA and runs thru the 24th and World Finals Oct 6-9. Oh, boy. I'm gonna need to start stocking up on sleep now cuz the next 8 or 9 weeks are gonna be kinda busy.

For any gearhead, the salt flats is something ya gotta experience. Larry was there last year and I think Paul and Carl have been before. If ya wanna make a day trip of it, I'd suggest Speed Week...if you can stay long enough, there is always a cruise-in at the Nugget in Wendover and it's the largest on the 1st Saturday (14th of August)...here are some photos from last year: http://www.chevyasylum.com/cruisin/Cruisin2009/20090808/090808.html It's outta site if ya like early iron and/or rat rods. People congregate there pretty much every night during SW, but that Saturday is the biggest one. If ya prefer a less hectic event WoS in September is prolly a good one to hit....and there's about a 50-50 chance of WF gettin "weathered" out. It didn't last year, but it happens a lot.

I gotta get back to work.

Sent from my Dreadnought using that barely tolerable Thunderbird email program

On 7/21/2010 7:07 PM, Mark Smith wrote:
Glad yer back in the saddle.
I hope i dont ever need to use him.
Ray what other camping gear ya need i have some.
No generator or two room tent but have a few things.
Let me know

Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 18:53:24 -0600
From: rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ratpack] Re: Hallelujah

Way kool.  Glad ya got it back.  Steve's an ok guy.

Sent from my Dreadnought using that barely tolerable Thunderbird email program

On 7/21/2010 5:43 PM, Michael Wells wrote:

    All,

    Steve from Kew's has laid his hands on my sick XTi and it is
    healed, can I have a Hallelujah, thank ya brother amen.

    Dr Z

-- Dr. Z
    aka Michael Wells
    MCWells Photography
    mcwellsphoto@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:mcwellsphoto@xxxxxxxxx>

The New Busy is not the too busy. Combine all your e-mail accounts with Hotmail. Get busy. <http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?tile=multiaccount&ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_4>