[ratpack] Re: Fwd: Fw: American Le Man Series Photo Vest Form

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 23:48:40 -0600

Kool.  Thanks.  I agree with Larry, she seems to be a real nice lady.  I now have several copies of the PDF form.  I otta be well stocked.  :)

I shot the Cache Valley Cruise-In in Logan today.  One of the biggest shows in the state.  Took me about 6 hours to get 600 shots.  I won't use all of 'em, but there are a lotta "interesting" vehicles...like the Batmobile:

The builder drove it into the show.  So it's not just a roller.  Burns CNG.  I guess that makes up for the twin 50 caliber MGs...or something.

There were more "interesting things there"....like something that claims to be a 1936 Wildcat with 2 (count 'em, two) 215 CID Buick V8s (about 1963 vintage) with a T-5 5-speed tranny behind 'em...in a "track roadster" type body.  Weird.  And a VW with cycle fenders in front.  Even weirder.  And something ya hardly ever see at a rod and kustom show: a Lamborghini Countach.  A fer real one.

I just finished an update to the www.Target550.com website where photos show the innards from stem to stern.  It's kinda interesting to see how it all fits together.  4wd, two Keith Black 510 inch Hemis with Whipple superchargers, 2 B&J 4-speed planetary transmissions and a pair of highly-modified quick-change rear ends.  We're gonna break the 500 mph barrier.  No piston engined, wheel-driven car has ever done that.  450 is about the fastest one has run, but the driver of that one had to back out of the throttle cuz he was getting too much wheelspin!

I gotta get some sleep.

Sent from my Dreadnought using that barely tolerable Thunderbird email program

Just so you know whom to see about the form this is Allison.
From: Larry Knight <carpixguy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 9:48 AM
Subject: Fw: American Le Man Series Photo Vest Form
To: carpixguy@xxxxxxxxx