[ratpack] Re: Electric car on the salt

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 19:02:41 -0600

Did it look sorta kinda like this?

They (the OSU team) ripped the hydrogen fuel cell stuff out and went with newer technology lithium batteries and got their 300+ record...at 80 percent max power.  But when they decided to crank it all the way up and go for broke, that's exactly what they got: broke.  They destroyed the clutch and had to park it.  They were thinking about a 350 run.  They might be back for the Shootout in late September.  We'll see what happens then.

This one was there, too:

A Brazilian stock car, bleeve it or don't.  Must have a handful of money (several, in fact) cuz they also ran at Miller's on Monday.  As I understand it, they wanted to hit 300 kph and did with room to spare.  They also had a coupla dozen paparazzi with 'em, not to mention video crews and helicopter.  If ya look up Caca Bueno, you can learn a little about the driver.  Btw, that's a Chevy.  I think it's a Vectra...more or less.  Had a big V8 sound to it, no question about that.

I went out on Tuesday and came back yesterday.  You'd think I woulda had enough after almost 2 weeks there, but no, I had to go back again.  After I shoot the Concours, I'll head out again for the motorcycle-only meet called BUB.  I'll be back sooner or later.

Sent from my Dreadnought using that barely tolerable Thunderbird email program

On 8/26/2010 6:17 PM, humminboid@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I just watched a video of an Ohio State University electric car that did 307 MPH on the salt.  l think that's great.  What next?