[raspi-internals] [ANN] piface 0.1

  • From: David Given <dg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: raspi-internals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2013 00:22:46 +0100

This is the simple boot monitor which I've mentioned previously. It's
currently in a pretty basic state, but it'll let you examine memory,
modify memory, do XMODEM downloads, run things, etc.

https://cowlark.com/piface

Do we have a memory map yet? I gather the 128kB of SRAM is at 80000000,
the boot ROM is at 60000000 (how big is this? I've downloaded over two
megabytes from there without reaching the end of the mapped memory
region; and apart from the code at the top, it's all zeros, so it
doesn't look like it's repeating). I know the peripherals are at
7e000000. And there's *something* mapped at 0, which I suspect is the
uninitialised SDRAM.

Also, a rather embarrassed request for assistance: I don't have XMODEM
upload support yet, because I can't figure out how XMODEM upload is
supposed to work. The protocol is driven by the receiver. When doing a
download, it's fine, because I tell the Pi to start sending, at which
point it listens for a receiver; I then tell my terminal emulator to
start receiving, and it all works. But to do an upload, I tell my
emulator to start sending... and then I can't tell the Pi to start
receiving because the terminal emulator is busy trying to send. Um, help?

│
│ "Home is where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in."
│ --- Cordelia Naismith (via Robert Frost)