[raspberry-vi] Re: Happy Birthday Raspberry VI

  • From: Jerry Chamkis <jerry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: raspberry-vi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 23:39:00 -0600

Hi All-

I'm a recent subscriber, low-vision lurker at the moment. I'm a hardware guy
and assembly (but not ARM) programmer and still on the first rungs of the Linux
ladder. I'm fascinated by the Pi and explored the FM transmitter app that runs
surprisingly well with no additional hardware beside a short antenna. The RF
spectral quality is adequate for the purpose, the mono audio quality is very
good and the signal is solid over a large house or moderate auditorium. Here's
a link to improved code but the stereo implementation isn't very practical:

http://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/comments/14k5o3/raspberry_pi_fm_transmitter_with_no_additional/

Looking forward to replacing my Mac with Linux using the Pi as a stepping stone.

Cheers-
--
Jerry Chamkis (Mac Mini)
jerry@xxxxxxxxx

"Non-locality is spooky action at -zero- distance."
www.teslaphone.com/OTE/TIME.mp3

www.kosmophone.com

www.aerco.net

Vow to vanquish the venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing
the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition!    (V For Vendetta)

Raspberry Pi and the Raspberry Pi logo are trademarks of the Raspberry Pi
Foundation.

This list is not affiliated to the Raspberry Pi Foundation and the views and
attitudes expressed by the subscribers to this list do not reflect those of the
Foundation.

Mike Ray, list creator, January 2013