[radioastro] Re: [Radio_JOVE] b2 solar flare at 1700 UT - not sure if there was a radio burst

  • From: Victor Herrero <hubbleed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Radio_JOVE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, RadioAstro <radioastro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, divyadarshan63 <divyadarshan63@xxxxxxxxx>, FRANCISCO BERSUNSES <siriober@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Arturo Garcia Cole <cole@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 14:15:34 -0700

The B2.2 flare was produced by active region 1025 near the west limb:
http://www.lmsal.com/solarsoft/latest_events/gev_20090908_1701.png
http://www.lmsal.com/solarsoft/latest_events_summary/gev_20090908_1701/gev_20090908_1701_lm.html

The STEREO WAVES beacon:
http://stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov/beacon/beacon_swaves.gif
shows some activity near 1730 UT, but not a clear type III burst.

The resolution of the beacon data is much lower then the daily summary data.

Victor Herrero
//www.freelists.org/archive/radioastro
http://herrero.110mb.com/
http://herrero.110mb.com/astro/