[racktables-users] how safe are direct SQL manipulations?

  • From: Zeus Panchenko <zeus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 17:26:44 +0300

hi all,

may somebody advice, please, how safe is it to use partial old version
SQL data to inject them to the new version of racktables?

my problem is that upgrade script was not able to do that and now I am
unable to create some data (ports namely) while I am still able to
create new objects themselves

so, I decided to do everything from scratch ...

my question is: can I inject data from old version to the new one (can I
just take old RackObject table for example and inject it's content to
the new one)?

the main desire of mine is to preserve the very objects though I
understand that I'll loose reference info (ports e.t.c.)

thanks in advance for any help
--
Zeus V. Panchenko                               jid:zeus@xxxxxxxxxxxx
IT Dpt., I.B.S. LLC                                       GMT+2 (EET)