[racktables-users] Re: expirations page, hardcoded values

  • From: "Miller, RussellX J" <russellx.j.miller@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 16:33:17 +0000

> Another option is to have a field on the 'User Interface' page that says which
> IDs to include on the expiration date report. We had a similar issue you had,
> and I submitted a change that got included in a future release. I recommend
> you test then submit changes to the code or submit a feature request to the
> project. We all are aware of best practice and 'bad ideas', but the beauty is
> that if you find something that can be improved you have the power to add
> value. We all are busy...

Is a feature request submitted through the bug tracker?

I'm not sure I like the idea of having a field in the "user interface" page
because I'm
a perfectionist, but that's better than the alternative.  Is there an easy way
to find out
what the attribute ID of an attribute is without doing a direct DB query?  If
there isn't,
perhaps there should be.  It makes no sense to require an attribute ID in a
"user
interface" field, and to not have any way of finding out what those attributes
are.

I'm not saying I won't do the work, btw, even if on my own time, I'm just
asking a question. :)

--Russell